Business New Year Resolutions
Generally, we want to indulge less, exercise more and be better people…. However it’s time to ponder some specific (and accomplishable) new year’s resolutions for your business.
- Nurture your most loyal and profitable clients . Chances are they’ll sing your praises and refer more business to you.
- Give something back to your community. Help a cause that matters to you and you’ll potentially give your team new purpose whilst boosting your reputation.
- Promote your business effectively. Join a networking or business group and get your business in the public arena. Consider the benefits of social networking and marketing.
- Read a business book every month. Keep up with the changing world, enhance your knowledge and leadership skills.
- Get professional education and development. As a leader you must continue evolving, extend your education to remain engaged and focused on the future of your business.
- Learn to listen more. Be available and engage your team daily to see how they’re tracking. You’ll diffuse potential problems before they arise and witness valuable raw idea creation.
- Empower your team. Only your team cangrow your business – they need to share your vision and have the necessary drive or incentive to achieve the goals that you set. If it’s not working, get rid of it . Whether it be a product offering, a machine, a supplier or even an employee, don’t waste time and energy squeezing a round peg through a square hole. Trim the fat and invest in new muscle.